This is honestly the most easiest ting in the world to make & it is suppppper delicious! I am an advocate for simple recipes 🙂
These spinach & ricotta pastries took about 40 mins in total to make (10 mins prep, 30 mins to cook) & afterwards, I couldn’t wait to eat them – they were just great! (Call me Chef Anita!)
Below is the recipe:
1 bunch spinach, leaves removed, washed and chopped
500g fresh ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 sheets filo pastry
2 tablespoons olive oil
eheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays. Cook spinach in a small saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well.
2. Squeeze all moisture from spinach. Place into a mixing bowl. Add ricotta &egg. Season with salt, pepper & some herbs. Mix well to combine.
3. Place 1 sheet of filo onto work surface. Cut into squares or strips. (Keep remaining sheets of pastry covered with a damp paper towel so they don’t dry out)
4. Brush pastry lightly with oil. Place a tablespoon of spinach mixture in 1 middle of filo and fold in the middle. Brush pastry with olive oil. Place onto baking tray. Continue with remaining pastry and spinach filling.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Place 3 onto each entree plate and serve hot.
And… Enjoy 🙂
Making this was super fun & simple, you can go ahead & add anything to this to give it more flavour ie mushroom etc.
I just made the cutest little desserts, ever! Lol, super quick & simple.
Haha, unfortunately this recipe is sitting in my ‘healthy recipes’ section of my blog but HEY, there’s bananas, therefore it’s healthy 😛
I think we all need to treat ourselves every now & again 🙂
All you need is:
- 1 x banana
- 1 x handful of baking choc chips
- 1 x handful of mini mnms
Once you have these three things, its simple:
- Cut your banana into pieces approx 1cm apart & place on plate or tay.
- Melt your baking choc chips (My melt time took 3 x 40secs)
- Pour the melted chocolate over the banana pieces.
- Place a few mini mnms on top (the left over mini mnms, you can enjoy!)
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.. than ENJOY 🙂