The day is finally here!
Happy One Year, Discovering Your Happiness!
Wow, what a journey this has been – this year has been a great year so far w/ my blog journey! I have really spent a lot of my time blogging the past 4 months.
As I promised myself, my one year present to myself was to move from a free plan to a paid plan on WordPress which removes the word ‘wordpress’ from my URL & removes all ads from my page.
AND… I did it!
My URL is now: http://www.discoveringyourhappiness.com
To now own my own domain name is such an amazing feeling! I never thought I would be where I am now, one year ago I truly didn’t know this would have happened to me.
Having said that, this truly wouldn’t of happened without all you lovely people that read my blogs on a daily basis!
I wouldn’t of made these changes if it wasn’t for the lovely comments, consistent views & kind support from those around me & those upon my website.
My website is now booming, soooo many people from across the world come to view my page on a daily basis, over 500 people follow my journey & I’ve now received over 4000 views.
I truly don’t know where I’d be without the support, encouragement & also hard work.
I don’t look at my website as a chore and/or job – I look at this as a hobby! A hobby that I truly enjoy.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have no idea how much this means to me.
Here’s to another great year for Discovering Your Happiness 🙂
I wonder where the next year will take us…
Today was a different day, today was a day of switching off all the noise in my head & making some big decisions in my life.
Switching off all this noise today was so peaceful & quiet, my mind is constantly running at 28365 kilometres an hour – so this most certainly benefited me.
The thought of switching off scares me though, I have to be alert & aware at all times.
I packed a bag & set off for the day to La Perouse National Park, (located in Sydney, Australia for those that don’t know where it is), it is amazing there, sat by the cliff side ate my muesli bar & grapes I than set off for a nice long walk, this walk was not only a walk but a walk filled w/ thoughts, decision making etc – best walk of my life.
When I reached my next destination, this was the ‘switching off’ time – I sat & meditated for a while, I let out all the negative thoughts that are poisoning me.
Realising that I don’t need to be in control 24/7 & that it is okay to go with the flow in life & to not question everything is happening around me & everyone around me.
Realising that if I was less stressed in life, my thought pattern would be VERY different!
Today, I enjoyed my own company, I enjoyed spending time outdoors alone, thinking, & also switching off for once in my life.
Below are some of the photos from my walk, I want to share – the silence was amazing.
This particular website leaves me speechless – I still cannot believe everything that has happened over the past year on this WordPress journey. I have increased in views, visitors, blog posts, comments – It’s just amazing that you amazing people take the time to read my posts & comment such nice things.
I got a weird notification this morning though – a notification that I had never seen before, it was that someone had linked something from my page:
I was confused bc I didnt know what was linked… HOWEVER, I clicked on the post to see Susan from Running To Zen: https://runningtozen.org/ had shared my blog & done an activity that I had recommended for wanting to become a positive thinker.
Blog found at: https://runningtozen.org/2017/04/23/sunday-blog-share-how-to-be-a-positive-thinker/comment-page-1/#comment-454
I am astounded that Susan took the time to read that very long blog, complete the activity on her own blog & even reflect on her day.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart Susan 🙂
This is a very big deal to me, for someone to re-post something that I have wrote & to also acknowledge my blogging site is absolutely amazing,
To think where I was & where I am now w/ my blog is so motivating!
Discovering Your Happiness’ ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY is coming up on 7 days, so this is very exciting!
It’s time to make a change to the demon in my mind – it’s time for change.
its time to put these negative thoughts to rest.
- Start spending time w/ the right people
- Start facing your problems head on.
- Start being honest w/ yourself about everything.
- Start making your own happiness a priority.
- Start being yourself, genuinely & proudly.
- Start noticing & living in the present.
- Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.
- Start being more polite to yourself.
- Start enjoying the things you already have.
- Start creating your own happiness.
- Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance.
- Start believing that you’re ready for the next step.
- Start competing w/ an earlier version of yourself.
- Start cheering for other people’s victories.
- Start looking for the silver lining in tough situations.
- Start forgiving yourself & others.
- Start helping those around you.
- Start listening to your own inner voice.
- Start being attentive to your stress level & take short breaks.
- Start noticing the beauty of small moments.
- Start accepting things when they are less than perfect.
- Start working towards your goals every single day.
- Start being more open w/ how you feel.
- Start taking full accountability of your own life.
- Start actively nurturing your most important relationships.
- Start concentrating on the things you can control.
- Start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes.
- Start noticing how wealthy you are.
- Start realising how grateful you are.