Hello loves, ❤
Is this you? I sure know that THIS IS ME!
I do not love my self enough & this is something I am most certainly working on.
Let me know if you can relate to the below:
1. You delete posts after uploading them. If your selfie doesn’t get enough likes on Instagram, then you delete the photo because you start second-guessing whether you actually looked as good as you originally thought. You need validation from others in order to feel good about yourself.
2. You keep falling for toxic people. You have been stuck in one-sided relationships before. Relationships where you were always the one sending the first text and setting plans, even though you barely got any attention in return. You keep settling for the wrong people because your standards are low. You don’t realize what you deserve yet.
3. You blame yourself for everything. If someone leaves you, you assume you did something to chase them away. If someone takes too long to text you back, you assume you were annoying them with your attention. You always think you’re the one to blame because you are insecure about who you are inside.
4. You put other people on pedestals. There are certain friends and celebrities you wish you were more like. You wish you had their hair, their body, their smile, their life. You consider them superior to you, because you don’t see how much you have to offer.
5. You are terrified of rejection. It’s rare for you to make the first move when it comes to asking someone out on a date because you assume they are going to say no. You assume they are going to break your heart. It’s hard for you to believe someone could actually have feelings for you, because you only see yourself as a bother.
6. You hate spending time alone. You always want to be surrounded by others because you are uncomfortable being left alone. You don’t want extra time to think about all of the ways you have screwed up in the past and to worry about what might happen in the future. To you, time alone means time to overthink.
7. You put others before yourself. You will go out of your way to help your friends and family. You will do whatever it takes to bring them happiness. But you never stop to ask yourself what you really want because you value their opinions over your own.
8. You give up easily. You don’t believe in your own abilities. You don’t think you have what it takes to make it. You assume you are going to fail, you assume there is no point in trying, so you give up before giving yourself a fighting chance.
9. You assume bad thing are going to happen to you. You feel like the world is against you. You feel like you are always going to be miserable, so you don’t even try to change your luck. You don’t love yourself enough to make an effort to find your path.
10. You are overly competitive. You hate people who are more successful than you, prettier than you, or smarter than you. You feel like their accomplishments make yours less special. You are always comparing yourself to someone else because ‘beating them’ is the only way you feel better about yourself.
11. You avoid photographs. Whenever your friends want to snap a group photo, you volunteer to hold the camera. And whenever you take a selfie, you use a snapchat filter because it’s the only way you feel pretty.
12. You neglect your health. You procrastinate making doctor appointments. You go days without showering and let your roots grow out and let your nails turn yellow, because you couldn’t care less about pampering yourself. You never make yourself a priority.
13. You criticize yourself every single day. You cannot glance in the mirror without mentioning how messy your hair looks or how dry your skin feels or how much weight you have gained lately. You always have something negative to say about yourself and never anything positive.
Wherever you are in the world, have a lovely day ❤