- Do a brain dump.
- Meditate in a quiet space.
- Declutter your physical space.
- Read a book that resonates and helps you grow.
* Recommended reading: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Unplug by a certain hour of the day.
- Stay off the screen upon the first hour of waking.
- Watch less tv – and less screen time in general.
- Turn off notifications.
- Keep to your sleep schedule and stay well rested.
- Be aware of your mindset and the things you say to yourself.
- Clean out your desktop and change your wallpaper.
- Dream big with vision journaling.
- Write a list of things you love about yourself.
- Listen to your favorite podcast.
- Do some creative writing.
- Do a body scan to mindfully check in with how you’re doing.
- Mindfully chew your food and be present when eating.
- Indulge in your favorite treat. May I suggest some delicious chocolate? 😉
- Also eat your greens.
- Get a massage.
- Put on some tunes and have a dance party!
- Deep breathing whenever you’re feeling anxious.
- Go out and get some sunshine.
- Do something that makes you laugh.
- Move your body and make endorphins your new bff.
- Take a warm bath with sea salts or a nice bath bomb.
- Reconnect with nature.
- Learn EFT tapping.
* Recommended reading: The Tapping Solution by Nick Ortner.
- Stretch your body and release the tension.
- Give someone a hug.
- Have a (virtual) coffee date and make a new friend or make a deeper connection with a current one.
- Plan a weekend getaway and stay at a nice AirBnB.
- Start a gratitude journal and have an attitude of gratitude.
- Write yourself a love letter.
- Love yourself unconditionally.
- Say no to negativity and negative people.
- Surround yourself with people with the lifestyle and mindset you want.
- Accept that some things are out of your control i.e. how others react to you – and if you don’t like something that is in your control, change it.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Go to your favorite place and be inspired – ex. your local library, museum, gallery, etc.
- Write a love letter to someone else and celebrate them.
- Stop trying to be good so you can be free.
- Attend a paint and wine night.
- Go on a retreat and unplug.
- Watch the sunrise.
A lot of these activities overlap and are great for the mind, body, and soul all at the same time. Try a few (or try them all!) and see which ones you like.
REMEMBER, SELF-CARE ISN’T A ONE TIME DO AND FORGET IT DEAL.
It’s a ritual you build into your routine, so you can feel grounded and realigned again or even before finding off balance, rushed, and burnt out.
It’s about taking care of yourself – mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. It’s about loving yourself – and I love what Jessica Ortner said in regards to this in Lori Harder’s podcast when they talked about tapping into your own energy and healing power. She realized she was having trouble taking care of her body because she wasn’t truly loving or valuing her body. But once she did, things started changing for her.
Part of incorporating self-care into your life is acknowledging and believe that you are important.
YOU ARE WORTHY OF YOUR OWN LOVE AND CARE.
Share with me in the comments below: How are you taking care of yourself these days?
Wherever you are in the world, have a lovely day ❤