Below are some do’s & don’t’s when it comes to getting the most out of your time effectively 🙂
I hope the below helps you – let me know what you do to de-stress & relax 🙂
- Energise by sitting in the shower for a few mins
- Reduce your stress hormones ahead of work by smelling coffee
- Enjoy a home made bevergae (coffee,tea or hot chocolate) after your breakfast – this will perk you up & save money at the pricey coffee shops)
- Hit the snooze button on your alarm
- Force your sleepy self to make decisions – sort out everything the night before
- Wake up in the dark, leave your curtains half open
- Leave the house without drinking something (whether that’s be a coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water or even juice)
On Your Lunch Break
- Get into the sun to uplift your spirits
- Spend a few mins looking out the window
- reduce stress by de-cluttering your desk
- Drip cold water onto your wrists to help cool + calm you
- Drink some herbal tea, chamomile aids relaxation
- Pay to entertain yourself – many towns + cities have free lunch time performances
- Buy your lunch, bring it from home
- Waste your time, do something productive on your break
- Stay still – go for a walk instead
- Eat fast food – the high fat + salt content can affect stress levels
- Do the same thing – every lunch break, find new places to eat or walk.
- Clear your mind with 5 mins of alone time
- Listen to classical music before bed
- Take your mind off your work by doing some colouring in
- Telephone someone close to you
- have a bite of chocolate – proven to de-stress
- Pamper yourself
- Waste your commute home, clear your mind with a book or even get off the train/bus a stop early + walk.
- Be drawn to continue dealing with work issues after the working day is done
- Leave the office without typing up loose ends
- Forget to eat a proper dinner, even basics in your cupboard can be used to make something nutritious and soul-warming
- End the day on a negative note, try to do or think of something positive.
- Meditate twice a day, even if only for a few minutes
- breathing exercises – use your fingers to cover your nostrils and breathe in through on and out through the other.
- Something that will make you laugh
- Leave your work at the office
- Get out of the house, take a walk, get outdoors.
- Spend your weekend on your phone or computer
- Overeat – you will regret this when Monday rolls around
- Succumb to the pre-work ‘Sunday blues’
- Sleep in too late
- Do too much house work
- Imagine our holiday first, enjoy the planning
- Keep up with daily routines
- Ditch the electronics
- Nothing – just being away from the normal environment can be enough to help you relax
- Enjoy the odd siestas
- Plan too much, leave some time to do nothing, relaxing + soaking in the atmosphere
- Plan anything your first day, take it as it comes.
- Be too rigid in your plans
- Go armed with too many expectations
- Wait until you arrive to book your accommodation.
Wherever you are in the world, have a lovey day ❤