It’s normal to get angry, everyone gets angry – it’s a part of life.
We certainly can’t control the situation but we can control the way that we act & what we say during this situation.
Below are some affirmations to help us out when we are feeling anxious.
- I don’t need to prove myself in this situation. I can stay calm.
- As long as I keep my cool, I am in control of myself.
- No need to doubt yourself; what other people say doesn’t matter.
- I am the only person who can make me mad or keep me calm.
- My anger is a signal. It’s time to talk to myself & relax.
- I don’t need to feel threatened here.
- Nothing says I have to be more competent and strong all the time.
- It’s okay to feel unsure or confused.
- It’s impossible to control other people and situations.
- The only thing I can control is myself & how I express my feelings.
- It’s okay to be uncertain or insecure sometimes. I don’t need to be in control of everything & everybody.
- If people criticize me, I can survive that. Nothing says I have to be perfect.
- If this person wants to go off the wall, thats their thing. I don’t need to respond to their anger or feel threatened.
- It’s okay to have a 5 minute breathing during a fight.
- It’s nice to have other peoples love and approval, but even without it, I can still accept and like myself.
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- People are going to act the way they want to, not the way I want them too.
- I feel angry, that must mean I have been hurt, scared or have some other threatening underneath the anger.