To know who we are is something we should discover early on in life.
You know the saying about loving yourself before you can love anyone else?
Knowing yourself is the same. Before you know anything, you have to know yourself.
Unfortunately, it’s not quite as straightforward as you’d hope.
Firstly, because the beauty of people is learning and change. You will constantly learn new things about yourself. It’s a life long process, and that’s a good thing.
The second reason knowing yourself isn’t as easy as it sounds, is because we’re unsure of where to begin. This is why these questions are helpful. It will serve as a starting point for you to take further.
Think of knowing yourself like researching an object
You want to know everything you can about it. Then, you know exactly how to develop it, care for it, grow it, and use it in the most effective and efficient way possible.
How would you answer these questions?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Who are you most inspired by? Why?
- Who would you love to meet? What would you ask?
- What habit would you most like to break? What habit would you most like to start?
- Think of a person you truly admire. What qualities do you like about that person?
- How do you like to relax?
- When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?
- What are you most proud of?
- What are you most afraid of?
- If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
- Who would you like to connect (or reconnect) with? Why?
- What qualities do you admire in others?
- What practical skills do you wish you had?
- Imagine you’re in your 90s. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?
- What is your favorite book/movie/song? Why?
- If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
- What do you love to do for, or give to others (not an object – something from you personally)?
- What excites you?
- What do you wish you did more of?
- Pretend money is no object. What would you do?
- What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best? Which area makes you feel the worst? Why?
- Let’s jump forward a year. What would you like to have achieved in the past year?
- What piece of advice would you give to five year old you? Sixteen year old you? Twenty-one year old you? Right now?
- How do you want to be remembered in life?
Grab a pen + paper, enjoy answering these questions, enjoy learing more about yourself.
You are your own best friend, you are with yourself 24/7, so you need to know the person that you are.
Wherever you are in the world, have a lovely day ❤