Do you ever get angry when things don’t go your way! (I know I sure do, I can admit that)
Controlling your anger is a hard one, I know this is something I am certainly working towards.
Refer to the 13 steps below + try look at the situation with a different approach.
- Take a step back & evaluate.
- Vent if you have to, but don’t linger on the problem.
- Realise there are others out there facing this too.
- Process your emotions.
- Acknowledge your thoughts.
- Give yourself a break.
- Uncover what you’re really upset about.
- See this as an obstacle to be overcome.
- Analyze the situation – focus on actionable steps.
- Identify how it occured – so it won’t occur again next time.
- Realize the situation can be a lot worse.
- Do your best, but don’t kill yourself over it.
- Pick out the learning points from the encounter.
Be aware – stay aware.
Knowing why you feel a certain way can really help you overcome particular situations.
Below shows forms of emotions that we should be aware of & what it is telling us.
Bitterness shows you where you need to heal, where you’re still holding judgments on others & yourself.
Resentment shoes you where you’re living in the past & not allowing the present to be as it is.
Discomfort shows you that you need to pay attention right now to what is happening, because you’re being given the opportunity to change, to do something different than you typically would.
Anger shows you what you’re passionate about, where your boundaries are, & what you believe needs to change about yourself.
Disappointment shows you that you tried for something, that you did not give in to apathy, that you still care.
Guilt shows you that you’re still living a life in other peoples expectations of what you should do.
Shame shows you that you’re internalizing other peoples beliefs about who you should be (or who you are) & that you need to reconnect w/ yourself.
Anxiety shows you that you need to wake up, right now & that you need to be present, that you are stuck in the past & living in fear of the future.
Sadness shows you in depth of your feeling, the depth of your care for others in the world.