If you thought the spinach & ricotta pastries were easy, WELL… do I have news for you 😛 These mozzarella cheese pastries are SOMETHING ELSE! This literally took me not even 5 mins to prep & this was sooooo delicious – the cheese was so stringy when eating it (stringy cheese, mm, just how I like it!)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 sheets filo pastry
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
2. Cut filo pastry into desired shapes (I did mine in squares)
3. Brush pastry lightly with oil. Place mozzarella onto the filo pastry & wrap/roll the way you’d like.
4. Brush pastry with egg. (this gives the pastry a crunchy texture) Place onto baking tray.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Place 3 onto each entree plate and serve hot.
I have started pinteresting some new recipes, stay tune for some more simple & also healthy (sometimes, hehe) recipes.