Below are some points on how to handle your next anxiety attack – these are things I swear by, you’d be surprised at how much this actually helps.
Give it a go & comment below if you have tried these things & if they work for you.
Also, I’d love to hear what other people do to cope & handle their panic attacks.
- Don’t be afraid – This feeling is only temporary! You’ve done it before & you can do it again! not being afraid will really take the power away from being anxious.
- Move – Moving helps your mind, soul & body stay empowered. Pace the floor, walk around your house or even go for a walk.
- Talk – Anxiety held in has more power. Stay with someone, call someone, even say the way you feel outloud (sounds silly, but really helps)
- Breathe – Don’t forget to breathe! Sounds silly, but we tend to hold our breath when we are anxious which causes us to become very lightheaded. We tend to hyperventilate & we do not give the body long enough to retain carbon dioxide and so the body cannot use the oxygen it has. This gives a feeling that there isn’t enough air in the body, when actually there is too much.
- Feel empowered – You are strong! Keep faith & trust in yourself, this won’t last long, it’ll be over before you know it.
- Listen to some calming music – It soothes the mind! You would be surprised at how much mediating music helps the mind & how much it really can calm us down physically & also calm down our breathing.