Mm, these were sooo yummy! So I spent my Saturday night making Gluten Free Spinach & Ricotta Pastry Rolls
* 5 sheets of Simply Wize Gluten Free Puff Pastry (thawed according to instructions on the packet), you can use normal pastry but we just chose to use gluten free pastry.
* 2 1/2 cups fresh Spinach
* 1 tbsp Olive Oil
* 1 cup Ricotta
* 1 cup Feta, crumbled
* Salt and pepper, according to taste
* 1 Egg for an egg wash
1. Heat some olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add the fresh spinach in the pan – sauté the spinach till there’s no more liquid in the pan. Turn off the heat and set the spinach aside to cool.
2. While the spinach mixture is cooling, season the ricotta cheese generously with salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Add the cooked spinach mixture to the ricotta mix it all well. Also mix in the feta cheese to the spinach and ricotta.
4. Make an egg wash by whisking one egg and a little water together and set it aside for later.
5. Pre-heat your oven to 180C
6. To assemble the spinach rolls. Cut the puff pastry sheets into 2 strips and gently rolled them to widen them slightly.
7. Spoon the spinach mixture in the middle of the pastry dough leaving about 1/2 – 3/4 inch on all sides. Place another sheet on top of the spinach mixture and using your fingers press down and seal the edges around the spinach, removing big air bubbles. Then using a fork crimp the edges to seal it further and also…it just looks prettier.
8. Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash – slash the rolls with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape while baking and cut the rolls however long you’d like them.
9. Bake the spinach puff pastry rolls at 180C for 18-22 minutes until they are golden and puffy!
Lastly… Enjoy ☺