2017 is 34 hours away, just let that sink in! I need to ask, where did this year go?
I feel like I blinked & the year just flew by, I guess once you are in a routine & your continuously undergoing that specific routine, time just flies.
I am thankful for how my 2016 has gone as I have learnt a lot (refer to my blog: What 2016 Taught Me) but oh my, did it go fast!
Below are some pointers I pray that 2017 will bring me:
- Closure – Closure to certain things that have troubled me w/ letting go, not bringing these things with me into 2017 will def help me.
- Peace & Serenity – I will most certainly be experiencing more peace & serenity, being more calm & present will be something that I def want to achieve.
- Happiness – 2017 will be consisting of more happiness, being happy, stop letting things get me & embracing the present moment.
- Love – Love, love, love I most certainly will consist of more love in 2017, I will def love more, realizing life is short & life is very fragile & it can be taken from you from any point, most certainly love those around you w/ all your heart for you cannot get these days back.
- Self Love – Wow, this is a hard one, its a struggle but this is something I am going to attempt to work on in it in 2017.
- Read More – Reading more is def something that I want to do more in 2017, 2016 was the year that I purchased & read the most books so I have a goal to buy more than 2016 .
- Eating Healthy – I would like to be more aware of what I eat in 2017, I am aware now but I tend to just grab junk food & eat fast food some times (I have a thing for Kinder Surprises!) I want to be more aware of what I am eating & how these foods make me feel mentally.
- Looking After My Body (ie Immune System) – I got sick a few times in 2016 (always having the flu) nearly every month there was some form of flu happening in 2016 which was upsetting, however I’d like to start looking after my body from the inside out also which is also taking into account the foods I eat, taking Vitamin C tablets, stressing less (because stress decreases your immune system).
- Exercising Regularly – I tend to go in & out of phases when it comes to exercising, I get a real good streak than I get a lazy streak, its disappointing but I guess we all go through it & it is okay, I shouldn’t be too hard on myself about it, but I would like to get into a regular routine in regards to exercising basically in regards to everything whether it is food, exercising, journalling, reading etc.
- Not Living In The Future – This will probably be the biggest issue that I will have to try & conquer – not living in the future, that is what brings on most of my anxiety, living in the next hour, living in the next night, the next month, the next year, the next 10 years etc. I just need to learn to live in the present & learning to go with the flow.
- Goals – ARGH! This is my most favourite point! Which is why I left it till last! 2017 IS GOING TO BE AN AMAAAAZING YEAR FOR GOALS!
2016 has been a lovely year, I met the man of my dreams & we have had such wonderful journey together so far, I am so thankful how everything in my life has turned out bc of these obstacles & roadblocks I have faced in life has bought me here. It has taught me to be thankful for everything we undergo bc when one door closer another opens & when that other opens, something bigger & better is there for you. I’ve also learnt that God gives his biggest battles to his strongest soldiers, just remember that when you are sad to the way that you are feeling, God wouldn’t give this hardship to you if he didn’t believe you can overcome it.
2017 is going to be another beautiful year together.We going to be goal chasers 🙂 & that makes me so happy, so many great things are happening & I have so much to be thankful for.
Happy New Year 🙂